Friday, December 12, 2008

Cru Ning's Goodbye Party

We found out two weeks ago that my wonderful co-teacher Cru Ning passed the test she took and got a job in another city. Our school had a going away party for her and almost all of my small village came. She has taught here for 7 years and people begged her just to stay one more year but she needs to move closer to her family. I am going to miss her terribly. She and I were together so much that we developed our own language, some Thai some English.



The party started off with a Buddhist blessing.










The women of the village said a blessing for Cru Ning and then would tie bands of string around her wrist. They decided that I should have them too.




I love this community and they tell me I am the same as their daughters. These are some of the women with me and Cru Ning.











The students sang a beautiful song.









Everyone gave Cru Ning presents. I went all out and bought a picture of Buddha. It was fun riding home on my bike with this baby. She loved it.









Our students preformed a couple of songs for Cru Ning. Before and after each of their songs these girls were crying at the thought of Cru Ning leaving. The boys cried too, I found them hiding behind the library.






Dancing! It was a good way to warm up. We had food too but I managed not to get a picture of it. I did discover my new favorite Thai dish, "lap blaa"




At the end of the party we had Kareoke. I never never never do kareoke at parties because I have empathy, but on this night Cru Ning asked me to do it so I sang her "Beautiful Sunday" and I think I have made sure they wont ask me to sing again!

No comments: