Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Great Thai Adventure


On December 17, 2008 my parents and little sisters left the freezing cold temperatures of Montana and visited me in Thailand. We traveled all over Thailand in a rented car and had A BLAST doing it!






Not our average Christmas dinner. We spent Christmas Day in my village visiting both of my schools. For dinner we had one of my favorite dishes Moo Ga Tot which is pretty much just BBQ pork with soup.

The gift-exchange at my small school.








My Christmas tree!








My dad doing the dishes Thai style. We had to do them inside to avoid the mosquitos.







While in my village I took my parents to one of my favorite places which is the waterfall I go to with my students. Of course my students wanted to come too!




While a lot of them rode their bikes some of them got a ride in our car. These are the ones we fit in the car with us in addition to the five of us white people.





At the waterfall my dad helped them get this huge log into the water so they could float on it.











After my village we went up north to Chaing Mai and did an elephant ride/bamboo rafting trip. The water was sooooooooo cold but fun.





How cute!


Mom practicing the gong.















At the end we went to the beach for a couple of days where Stoney joined us!


Stoney made me look like a mermaid!




Right after we got the car we headed over to Kanchanaburi where the Bridge over River Kwai is. We went to the bridge but more importantly we went to a Safari Park very close to the bridge and it was so much FUN. We got to feed giraffes, buffalos, ostridges and others.


















Because we were the only ones there to watch the Elephant Show they also let us ride them. It was scary.








Oh and Maria pet a TIGER. WHAT WAS SHE THINKING!?!?







No comments: