Wednesday, November 12, 2008

ENGLISH STORE!!!

As an incentive program at my small school I started the English store. When the students speak English they earn money. Then once a month I open the English store and they get to spend their money. Mostly I give a dollar to anyone I hear speaking English but they students can earn $5 for singing me a song in English and $1 daily for asking me a question. My co-teacher wanted to see an improvement in their spelling test scores so she announced they could earn $20 for getting a 100% and now everyone studies!!


To get the English store to school I strap it on to my bike.







I only open it in the afternoon in an attempt to keep the newly-bought toys from causing a distraction in class. They hate having to wait.






No matter how many cool things i put in the store for girls, most of them spend all their money on stickers.







I really couldn't have done this program as cheaply as I have without the help of my Uncle Dan and everyone who has sent me things to put in the store.




The students are ready to buy!

No comments: